The 4th Annual Fincastle Frolic is scheduled for Friday, August 12, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. This event, an open house for the businesses and offices in Town, has a large schedule of activities this year.
Jump on the latest virtual trend, and bring the kids and discover all the Pokemon hiding around town!
There will be a number of venues to enjoy music, learn more about the history of the town, view historic structures and sites, and meet your neighbors.
- The Fincastle Library will be open, with music and entertainment.
- Students from Mike Lee Music Studios will be performing, and local authors Deedie Kagey, Bruce Ingram and James Solomon will be there with their most recent books.
- The Sunshine Girls will be selling ice cream.
- Boy Scout Troop 333 will be selling hot dogs and chips.
- The Historical Society Museum will be open with old-time children’s games.
- Historical Fincastle will have the Blacksmith Shop and James Early Cabin open for tours.
- Tommy Moore will once again be conducting Courthouse tours. Music on the corner provided by Dee Ann Tickner and Creek Turner.
- Blue Ridge Winery will be offering wine tastings at the old Fat Cat Diner on Roanoke Street behind the old pharmacy.
- Historical Fincastle Presbyterian Church will be open, so come look around this community treasure. Folks can also tour the cemetery.
- Various vendors will be set up along the closed block of Roanoke Street (sorry no outside vendors permitted unless already permitted).
- Local band the Yes Movement will be playing at the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office front porch.
Other businesses and sites open or with extended hours include:
- Heritage Market
- Sunshine Services
- Engineering Concepts
- The Bank of Fincastle
- the Chamber of Commerce
Please plan to join us for this wonderful Fincastle event.